As of today, and for a limited time, the Work & Play Bundle is back.
And for $149, you get a lot of good stuff, including subscriptions to Xbox Live and Office 365. Think of it as your gateway drug to the new Microsoft.
Here's the full breakdown of the year-long subscriptions included, per the Microsoft Store listing:
- Office 365 Home, which lets you put Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and the other Office apps on as many as 5 PCs or Macs and 5 tablets, plus a terabyte of OneDrive storage to keep all your documents.
- Xbox Live Gold, the premium plan for Microsoft's games service on Windows and Xbox 360/Xbox One.
- Skype Wi-Fi, which lets your Windows device connect to certain Microsoft-sponsored paid wireless Internet hotspots at airports, hotels, and more.
- Unlimited phone calls around the globe with Skype.
- Assure Support Plan, Microsoft's paid customer service plan, which lets you get unlimited support for your Windows PC or tablet on the phone, online, or at the Microsoft Store's excellent answer desk.
- A $60 credit, good at either the Windows Store app market or the Xbox consoles' game store.
Given that Xbox Live Gold is a $60 annual subscription, and Office 365 is $99, that's a $10 savings just between those two. Add in that $60 credit, and it seems like a no-brainer for Xbox gamers.