The difference between Disk2vhd and other physical-to-virtual tools is that you can run Disk2vhd on a system thats online. Disk2vhd uses Windows Volume Snapshot capability, introduced in Windows XP, to create consistent point-in-time snapshots of the volumes you want to include in a conversion. You can even have Disk2vhd create the VHDs on local volumes, even ones being converted (though performance is better when the VHD is on a disk different than ones being converted).
Microsoft Disk2vhd 2.01
Hmmm... a pretty cool tool. I must have it!
Disk2vhd is a utility that creates VHD (Virtual Hard Disk - Microsofts Virtual Machine disk format) versions of physical disks for use in Microsoft Virtual PC or Microsoft Hyper-V virtual machines (VMs).
Latest from Digital Dave
- How to Make Windows Photo Viewer Your Default Image Viewer on Windows 10
- How to make use of (Microsoft) Edge’s nifty reading features
- Whats new in Windows 10 Bash/WSL & Windows Console
- Activision announces 'Call Of Duty: World War II'
- WD Purple 1TB Surveillance Hard Disk Drive - 39.99 - WOOT Deal
- Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 10
- 10,000 Windows computers may be infected by advanced NSA backdoor